Welcome to the best skiing in Sälen
Bring your family on a vacation to Sälen. At Stöten, screen time will be exchanged for ski time! This is where you can teach the small ones to ski for the very first time, while the teenagers practice tricks in the snow park. With the highest peak of Sälen - 370 meters - you get a view from Stöten, of the magnificent Swedish and Norwegian mountain landscape. You'll find Sälen's best skiing for skiers of all ages and levels. We offer both easy beginner slopes and advanced, steep slopes for the more experienced skiers. In Stöten, all lodging is located within walking distans to the slopes, so you don't have to use your car at all during your stay with us.
Here you'll find, among other things:
- Soltorget - family friendly slopes and fun activities for our youngest visitors. This is the perfect place to take your first turns on skis without any crowding
- Skidtorget - speed and challenges! This is where you'll find the most advanced skiing in Sälen
- Mormors Störtlopp - the longest slope in the entire Sälen area. Starting from the top of Vargy Express, you can ski the 3060 meter long slope
- 49 slopes with various difficulty. One is guaranteed to become your new favorite!
- 45 kilometers of cross-country ski tracks, including both classic and skate tracks, one which is also illuminated
Skiing in Sälen? Stöten is the best!
We're not the only ones who think Stöten is the best place for skiing - Sweden's largest online ski media Freeride's readers have voted us to be the winners of the following categories:
- Sweden's best ski resort
- Sweden's best ski resort for families with children
- Sweden's best slope
- Sweden's best snow park
These awards make us very happy and proud, and we see it as a proof that our investments in the resort are paying off. Read more here.
As if these awards wouldn't be enough, we also won the most honorable award within the entire skiing industry - SLAO's Ski Resort of the Year in 2019. SLAO (Svenska Skidanläggningars Organisation) is the official Swedish ski area's industry association. There are no doubts about where you'll find the best skiing in Sälen - Stöten is the place to go. Read more here.